Instil into the minds of Christians such sentiments as might prevent being seduced by the False teachers. Having sincere ministers of Yeshua (Jesus Christ) who are diligent in their work; not ones who study to advance new notions (Psychology, Scientology, and various isms) but put the brethren in remembrance of those things which they have received and heard.
Teachers, who will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of those things, though you understand them, (2 Peter 1:12). And elsewhere, I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance, (2 Peter 3:1). And, says the apostle Jude, I will, therefore, put you in remembrance, (Judges 1:5).
You see that the apostles and apostolical men reckoned it a main part of their work to put their hearers in remembrance; for we are apt to forget, and slow to learn and remember, the things of God – Nourished up in the words of faith and good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
1. Even ministers themselves have a need to be growing and increasing in the knowledge of Christ and his doctrine: they must be nourished up in the words of faith.
2. The best way for ministers to grow in knowledge and faith is to put the brethren in remembrance; while we teach others, we teach ourselves
3. Those whom ministers teach are brethren, and are to be treated like brethren; for ministers are not lords of God’s heritage.
The gain of godliness lies much in the promise: and the promises made to godly people relate to the life that now is, but especially they relate to the life that is to come. Under the Old Testament, the promises were mostly of temporal blessings but under the New Testament of spiritual and eternal blessings. If godly people have but little of the good things of the life that now is, yet it shall be made up to them in the good things of the life that is to come.
CLOSING OBSERVATION by Robert
Godly people must labour and expect reproach; they must do well, and yet expect at the same time to suffer ill: toil and trouble are to be expected by us in this world, not only as men but as saints.
Those who labour and suffer reproach in the service of God and the work of religion may depend upon the living God that they shall not lose by it.
Let this encourage them, We trust in the living God. The consideration of this, that the God who has undertaken to be our pay-master is the living God, who does himself live forever and is the fountain of life to all who serve him, should encourage us in all our services and in all our sufferings for him, especially considering that he is the Saviour of all men
(1) By his providences, he protects the persons and prolongs the lives, of the children of men
(2) He has a general good-will to the eternal salvation of all men thus far that he is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Blessings brothers and sisters may you all walk in the light which has been shared with you, comforts you, and lights the narrow path so hard to find and maintain.
Again please remember this is just a humble servant doing the bidding of the LORD I pray for a safe journey forward. A walk-in God’s love and peace, and may the “SHARING OF YOUR LIGHT” be fruitful, remember He is always with you if you hold His love in your heart forever.