Matthew 9:13 KJV
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
As I pondered the gift recently shared through this posting on June 26, 2022 https://romboughrobert.com/2022/06/26/a-call-to-all-who-walk-with-our-lord-yeshua-as-servants-or-disciples/
I reflected on this section In humility seeking what mission or missions are in store; then assessing those areas of my walk and commitment needing to be revealed and strengthened through the Holy Spirit’s healing truth.
The significance of this time spent privately with Yeshua started to reveal itself in what the Holy Spirit revealed in this earlier posting. https://romboughrobert.com/2022/06/20/repentant-heart-obedient-heart-6/
To fully understand the message being shared in the following, recognize how a head knowledge of God’s laws would apply as Coping with life. When you analyze the word Coping, you quickly recognize it is a learned method of “passive submission.” Allowing those using this technique to subjectively justify events or occurrences affecting their lives and surroundings.
The importance of this information reveals how the earlier warnings about those walking in a delusion need additional information. Some additional details to discern their position, and what Satan is using to maintain his grip on their walk.
The one fact revealed by Spiros Zodhiates Th.D (1922 – 2009) commentary brings forward an glaring detail adding clarity to my earlier observation on how Satan is maintaining his delusional hold.
“There is a category of people who would be confused with the true believers. These are those who appear to have been saved and be a child of God but have reverted to the world and continue in its ways.
For instance, the phrase…” which when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe…” denotes a different meaning for the word “believe.” It should not be confused as the exercise of true faith in Yeshua (Jesus Christ) which transforms a person’s life.
This “belief” is merely intellectual assent. Not simply giving reference to a repentant heart, but to an obedient heart toward God which causes them to do righteousness and to hate sin (Rom. 5:19). Those who have no deep roots are the ones who profess faith but do not possess Yeshua.
Right now, our times are bringing us to daily assess our walk, is it with our Lord, or is it about our Lord? This question is the one I apply to my weekly private time with Yeshua. It is the basis for this article as a tool to discover reveal and restore.
In the earlier posting https://romboughrobert.com/2022/06/20/repentant-heart-obedient-heart-6/ we were shown what and how a dedicated believer will demonstrate changes through their reconnection to God and personal walk with His Son Yeshua.
As reconnected believers, we are directed on how to hear the word. Receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls, and bring God’s love and compassion into our lives.
(1) In hearing the word of God, we are to receive it, assent to the truths of it, consent to the laws of it, receive it as the stock does the graft so the fruit which is produced may be, not according to the nature of the sour stock, but according to the nature of that word of the gospel which is engrafted into our souls.
(2) We must, therefore, yield ourselves to the word of God, with most submissive, humble, and tractable tempers. This is to receive it with meekness. Being willing to hear of our faults, and taking it not only patiently, but thankfully, desiring also to be moulded and formed by the doctrines and precepts of the gospel.
(3) In all our hearing we should aim at the salvation of our souls. It is the design of the word of God to make us wise to salvation, and those who propose any meaner or lower ends to themselves in attending upon it dishonour the gospel and disappoint their souls. We should come to the word of God (both to read it and hear it), as those who know it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth, Romans 1:16.
3. We are taught what is to be done after hearing (James 1:22): But be you doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Observe: Hearing is to do the most attentive, and the most frequent, hearing of the word of God, but will not avail us unless we are also doers of it.
For those wondering what we use to determine the spiritual change in the individual, the following changes are what we look for. It applies to those who succumb (An Obedient Heart) to the following temptations. The sins they suffer with and need to be put off, or thrown aside, are,
(1) Malice, which may be taken more generally for all sorts of wickedness, as James 1:21; 1 Corinthians 5:8. But, in a more confined sense, malice is anger resting in the bosom of fools, settled overgrown anger, retained till it inflames a man to design mischief, to do mischief or delight in any mischief that befalls another
(2) Guile, or deceit in words. So it comprehends flattery, falsehood, and delusion, which is a crafty imposing upon another’s ignorance or weakness, to his damage
(3) Hypocrisies. The word being plural comprehends all sorts of hypocrisies. In matters of religion, hypocrisy is counterfeit piety. In civil conversation, hypocrisy is counterfeit friendship, which is much practised by those who give high compliments, which they do not believe, make promises which they never intend to perform or pretend friendship when mischief lies in their hearts.
(4) All envies; every thing that may be called envy, which is a grieving at the good and welfare of another, at their abilities, prosperity, fame, or successful labours.
(5) Evil speaking, which is destraction, speaking against another, or defaming him; it is rendered backbiting, 2 Corinthians 12:20; Romans 1:30.
In pondering this information the question I am asking how many will receive it? How many will use it as part of a weekly moment of private time with Yeshua to discover their faults and weaknesses?
As a Watchman I bring this prayer before you to hear and discern.
May our Father in heaven and Yeshua bless all who hear their call, bless them with their Grace Mercy Forgiveness and Peace.